Sunday, July 24, 2011

First ride with my brand new folding bike =D

Just bought a Dahon Vitesse P18 folding bike. Equipped with FSA Vero 55-44 crank, with SRAM 9 spd from 11 ~ 32t. And there is one sexy bike! You can check out the full spec here.

Planned for a 25km + unknown exploration road ride exploring the Kampung Johan Setia, which was just a highway across my neighbourhood. And this mark the first ride for my newly bought folding bike.


30 minutes later, my GPS's battery went dead, despite been fully recharge the night before. But more urgently, I was getting numbness very fast down there. Decided to cut short the ride as not to get erectile dysfunction. Saddle issue I think...


In the end only did a 16km ride, but managed to test some equipment and tinkered out some issue. But so far the bike performance have been very encouraging, and the gearing ratio is top-notch.

Look there will be some upgrade coming soon.... and one of them is to get the saddle suitable for my butt!

3 comments:

LBJ said...

I used to have a small-wheeled folder like yours, but I recently decided to try out a Montague folding bike, which has full size wheels and regular geometry (and folds up small enough to fit in my closet). All I will say is that I'm so glad I made the switch!

Riskywolf said...

Hi LBJ, I suppose you have big plan for your Montague folding bike? There is a week-long holiday in Malaysia and I'm preparing for a big ride =). Hence the late reply.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.