Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2nd day of bike commute

Today managed to wake up early (despite me an anti-morning person), but have to challenge my body whose is still in sleeping mode. By the time I prep myself for the ride, I have wasted one hour. Gonna need to speed thing up.


Did a 20km ride trying out different route. But today it was kinda a single-speed ride, despite having 9 speed cassette. The RD (Rear Derailleur) keep jumping around like a monkey, and I could only use the smallest cog. To make thing worst, there was a lot of headwind. To reward myself, I went for breakfast (when the last time I have a proper breakfast...hmmmmm)


After breakfast, took another long-way round to cycle back to the workplace. Was tinkering my seatpost when I spot this. Hmmmm.... Could this be the reason why my RD keep shifting around like it have it own mind? Later will bring it to the bike shop and rectify it. Let see if I can progress into a medium distance riding in next few days or so.....

2 comments:

Chris said...

It took me a while to get into the bike commute too - I got a folding bike though, which made the transition a little easier. I started off driving, and parking, and riding, and every day just added a mile to the commute until I was on my bike the whole way.

Alan said...

The most difficult part is to get up earlier than your usual time to get ready. I bike commute too but on my old and trusty VooDoo Ersulie. To and fro distance: 34km.